Groups need to supply their own fishing gear. We have included a recommended equipment list below. There are a couple of tackle shops in Yeppoon, and passengers travelling by road through Rockhampton will drive past Barra Jacks Tackle World.
We recommend The Secret Spot, Charles St, Yeppoon. Ph 07 49392697. (They can organise all you tackle needs for your trip and offers a pay at the end service for passengers flying.)
We supply pilchards and squid. Alternative or BYO bait can be arranged prior to your trip. Catch is filleted or left whole, as you desire, and frozen to -30°C. Airport foam eskies, and freight can all be organised for transportation of your catch home.
- Personal toiletries and medication. Preferably environmentally friendly.
- Sunscreen, seasickness tablets, band-aids
- Wide brimmed hat/long sleeved light shirt
- Waterproof and warm jumper
- Cheap polarised sunglasses
- Ear plugs
- Old clothes for fishing and one good set of clothes for the evening
- Sneakers or wetsuit boots
What We Supply
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Tea, Coffee and Biscuits, Soft Drink, Bottled water and chilled filtered water
- Clean linen, towels and soap
- TV, Video, Music and some games
- Special requests and diets catered for
- Foam eskies, ice, dry ice and transportation of catch can all be arranged for you (charges apply)
- For Research and Dive trips Air Compressors and Dive Equipment is available for hire
I hope that we have answered most of your questions. If there is anything else you would like to know, please don’t hesitate to contact us.